- This event has passed.
Youth Conference: Life is ConfUUsing (and that’s ok!)
November 10 - November 12
It’s back again! The annual BC fall gathering returns, this time to talk about all the confusing parts of life. Unitarian Universalist youth conferences (or cons) are events run by and for UU teens. This two-night con at the Unitarian Church of Vancouver is open to UU teens from BC or friends from further afield.
The team has decided they want to explore spiritual practices that ground us in the confusion of being a teen. They want to talk about how we don’t know where any of you as individuals are going, or where the world is going, or who we are. Our tagline: we can’t predict the future, but we can embrace our confusion!
Join us for games, workshops, small groups, and worship planned by a youth team ranging from 14 to 18 and from Vancouver to Oregon. Meals will be provided from Friday dinner until Sunday lunch. We will be staying at the UCV campus, which means there will be no showers available.
- this online form (which is the most important)
- this overnight permission form
- payment (sliding scale $40-150 CAD, also options for not paying – finances should not be a barrier for anyone)
- emailing email@example.com a copy of your full proof of vaccination. If you do the online form Olivia and our excellent youth deans will nag you for the rest of it, but that one’s the most important to do first and should only take a couple of minutes.
For UCV events we follow CUC guidelines:
- sponsors must be over 25
- be approved by a minister or religious educator at their congregation
- may accompany 8 youth (6 if any of those youth are 13).
If there are no available sponsors from your home congregation we can pair you with someone else, but we would much prefer youth to be sponsored by people they know.